Shawnette's Reviews > Just Like Candy

202978
Jan 27, 08

Read in January, 2008

A Sweet Temptation

Who could resist a book with a cover like this...and after reading the rave reviews, my curiosity was peaked...I must say that I enjoyed this novel! It was definitely, HOT, SPICY, FUNNY and it even tugged at your heart strings! I thought the plot involving Davis' daughter was quite intriguing and highly emotional. Although some of the sexual activity was explicit at times, it wasn't ALL "over-the-top"! The main characters were quite memorable and we also got to catch up with some of Mrs. Terry's previous characters from her "Make It Last" novel. I enjoyed the fact that Davis and Candy didn't fight their attraction to each other. They knew each other for nine months, and during those nine months the heat only became more intense. So, once they took their relationship to the next level, there was NO holding back the very HOT & STEAMY loving that went on between these pages. Davis Strong definitely knew how to SATISFY his woman, and Candy had no trouble keeping up with his creative and adventurous nature. I have to say I didn't care for the way Candy let Davis get away with his many assumptions, misconceptions and let's not forget the MAJOR indiscretion that he never answered for (ladies you'll know what I mean when you read the story). Candy's willingness to let his behavior go unanswered was quite unrealistic and I would have found it more believable if she confronted him and made him grovel a bit before she forgave him. Mrs. Terry is quite a creative author, and very capable of writing an intensely erotic yet, passionate tale. Unfortunately this book had WAY TOO many typos; the editor definitely dropped the ball on this one. However it was still a deliciously tempting read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Like Candy.