Morgan's Reviews > James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing by G. Norman Lippert

Aug 31, 09

bookshelves: children-s, magical-fiction
Read in August, 2009

A fan fiction book based on the fabulous world of magic created by the ever talented J.K. Rowling. This book is set after HP ends. It follows young James Potter, firstborn son of Harry and Ginny, as he heads to Hogwarts for his 1st year. It's a fun read with some interesting ideas and concepts thrown in. You get to see what it must have been like for James as he tries to make a name for himself, something that may be difficult seeing he's the son of 'The Boy Who Lived'. He has two sidekicks, of course, Ralph and Zane. Zane is hysterical. He's an American and the author does such a good job of inserting his 'American-ness' into the story in fun ways.

The plots maybe a bit too convoluted, with too many things happening at once. Or maybe the author has a bit of an in-ability to organize all of those happenings in a way that makes the storyline clear. It just felt a little muddled at times.

The main storyline follows the idea that history, as everyone has been told it, is flawed. Students are beginning to 'Question the Victors' and people urge Harry to 'Tell the Truth'. There are some who see Voldemort as a misunderstood Wizard that was honestly seeking the best. It's a clever idea actually, and fun to see it in action.

A fun read. I'm glad it's free though, because I probably wouldn't pay for it. It's no Harry Potter, that's for sure. (2.5 stars in actuality...)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin This book always intrigued me--let me know how it goes!