Victor Gentile's Reviews > Through the Fire

Through the Fire by Shawn Grady

Aug 26, 09

Read in August, 2009

You ever read a book where the mystery is so thick that you feel compelled to flip to the end of the book and find out who the culprit is? Well that is exactly how I felt when I was reading “Through The Fire” by Shawn Grady, published by Bethany House.

There is an arsonist loose in Reno, Nevada and he is on a rampage trying to burn down the city. City officials and Fire Department brass want this person found and it is up to fireman Aidan O’Neill and Battalion One to find him. Aidan O’Neill isn’t just battling fires, though. He is also battling his own inner demons coming from the loss of his father, also a fireman, when a wall fell in on him during a fire. Now Aidan works to find out who may have killed his father, tries to have a relationship, come back to God like the Prodigal Son and keep alive long enough to solve the riddle of the arsonist.

This book is a complicated thriller, a romance and a story about deliverance all set against a backdrop of a fire department plagued by an arsonist. There are adrenaline flowing scenes that will have your heart pounding and you sitting on the edge of your seat flipping the pages to find out what is going to happen next. Back in the 70’s there was a T.V. show called, “Emergency” which dealt with a fire house and all its adventures. “Through The Fire” gives us all those adventures and more. The main characters are well written and all the secondary characters give color and life to the story.

This is a well done book and much credit is given to Mr. Grady for his first foray into the world of fiction. Well done! We look forward to your next book with much anticipation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through the Fire.