Elisabetta's Reviews > The Book Thief

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Aug 27, 09

bookshelves: intense, ii-world-war, reding-recommended
Read in July, 2009

This is the best book I have read this year, and one of the most beautifl I have read in my whole life. The Death narrate a story so intense, so wonderful, that it's quite impossible to put the book down. II world war, (like every war I should add) it's a dark time for planet earth, and the Death gives a picture of herself that it's quite unusual: someone who has to work on collecting souls, but it's not happy to do it. And then Liesel, a little spot in the big world. The book thief, with all her baggage of terrible losses, who steals as well love, friendship and life. A wonderful book that I would warmly recommend.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book Thief.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra oh I loved it!! I would also recommend "I am the messenger" by Zusak! (Did you know that the author is part Austrian?)

Elisabetta Oh yes! His surname made me curious, so I checked for his biography on the net! :) Thanx for the suggestion, I will take a look on the online stores for this book :)

LindyLouMac After reading your review I think I had better move this title up Mt TBR!