Kayeb's Reviews > A Faint Cold Fear

A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter

F_50x66
Aug 25, 09

Read in August, 2009

Her books essentially have every main character being raped, killed, or beaten... The themes of how women are abused is a prevailing theme, and I have to wonder if this author has experienced this and is trying to work thru it by her writings..... I just don't buy it. Lena's sister is killed and she is near death and then in violent relationships as she resorts to drinking post trauma........ Sara was raped when younger and stabbed, HER sister is attacked and loses a baby... just too much to be believable.

But, she writes a compelling read.... and I just hvae to sift thru a bit.

[close:] An apparent student suicide has brought medical examiner Sara Linton to the local college campus, along with her ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver. But a horribly mutilated corpse yields up few answers. And a suspicious rash of subsequent "suicides" suggests that a different kind of terror is stalking the youth of Heartsdale, Georgia -- a nightmare that is coming to prey on Sara Linton's loved ones.

A small town is being transformed into a killing ground. And the key to a sadistic murderer's motive and identity may be held in the unsteady hands of a campus security guard -- a former police detective driven from the force by the hellish memories that will never leave her. Lena Adams survived the unthinkable and has paid a devastating price. Now the survival of future victims may depend upon her ... when she can barely protect herself
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Faint Cold Fear.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patty (new) - added it

Patty I am almost finished reading A Faint Cold Fear...and just love this series

Kayeb Patty wrote: "I am almost finished reading A Faint Cold Fear...and just love this series"

It is pretty fine :)