♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > The Seduction of Samantha Kincade

The Seduction of Samantha Kincade by Maggie Osborne

Sep 09, 09

bookshelves: audiobook, read-2009, genre-historical, steam-mild
Read in September, 2009

Another great read by Maggie Osborne. If you like stories of a heroine dressing and living as a man, this would be a great book to read. For five years Samantha Kinkade lived as bounty hunter Sam Kinkade, with the single quest to kill the man who killed her mother and destroyed her family. To help flush out the bad guy, she captures his brother - who just so happens to be on his own personal quest to find and kill his brother! IMHO, not quite as good as Silver Lining or The Promise of Jenny Jones, but still really good. Sensuality was kisses only, which was a bummer because the tension was strong between hero/heroine. So when the story skipped over the bedroom scenes I felt a bit cheated as it really built up that part of the romance. (MO's other books do not skip over the bedroom scenes.)
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seduction of Samantha Kincade.

09/03/2009 page 210
55.26% "So far great. No one writes heroines quite like Maggie Osborne. :-)"

message 1: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Great review, KarLynP! I've never read anything by her before.

message 2: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Sep 09, 2009 03:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Angelc - I just discovered this author this year, and she is really a classic. I guess she is retired and doesn't write anymore. Too bad. She writes romance books that are meant to make you laugh, smile and keep you turning the page! Her heroines are toughened by the wild west living, and many resent the restrictions placed on society women so they find their own way around it. My favorite so far is Silver Lining, which I recommend to all romance book lovers. The Promise of Jenny Jones was also a solid 5-star read too.

message 3: by Angelc (new)

Angelc I'll have to read some of hers then, I really like stories about strong pioneer or western heroines.

message 4: by Mitzi (new) - added it

Mitzi Looks like a good book. Will have to check out TPOJennyJones & The Silver Lining. I agree, I don't like it when they skip over the intimate scenes....but I do love a great story.