Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Lux in Shadow

Lux in Shadow by R.G. Alexander

Aug 25, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads, erotica
Read in August, 2009

R.G. Alexander's 'Children of the Goddess' series just gets better with the second book, "Lux in Shadow". A quick warning that THIS book IS erotica and involves a menage of M/F/M. There are also scenes of M/M, M/M/F, and M/F including the use of toys, light bondage, a hot spanking, and sex in all the orifices I can think of. All of this is done well (and smoking hot) and rolled into the story of a vamp, a were, and a werewoman-with-special-powers-who-can't-change-forms. Whew!

Lux is happy for his brother, Zander, and his new grathia (lifemate). But he just can't forget how he failed to protect his lover from the recent violence. And now he's plagued with desire for the handsome werewolf Alpha, Arygon, who he wants but feels he must resist to punish himself. Exacerbating the situation is their mission to find the missing sister of the man who almost killed them. According to their seer, this woman must be protected. It only takes one glimpse of the woman they're looking for and both males are hooked. But each will have their own internal demons to fight before they can be true mates.

There's so much more going on, but I don't want to give it all away! Suffice to say this series has caught my attention in a big way and now my quandry is: Do I wait for the print version of book 3 "Twilight Guardian" or do I give into the lure of quick satisfaction and buy the ebook that's already available? Decisions, decisions. This series is one I don't confuse with any other paranormal or vamps and weres out there because it has enough differences to stand out in my memory. The first book was a twosome, this one is a threesome--but both books are ultimately about love, finding that special someone/s, and accepting their strengths and weaknesses as well as your own. All this and hot sex too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lux in Shadow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane A quick warning that THIS book IS erotica and involves a menage of M/F/M. There are also scenes of M/M, M/M/F, and M/F including the use of toys, light bondage, a hot spanking, and sex in all the orifices I can think of.

Hot Damn! I wonder what wasn't in the book! *laughs*

Great Review Julie!

message 2: by Blackbook (new) - added it

Blackbook Stop it. You're missing with me now, JJ. That's too many in one week and one too many from this author. How can I resist? I am weak. The more work I have the more I want to read. The dreadful Fall semester is beginning. My work load is over the moon and I want to read. Read. Read. Not work. Work. Work.

message 3: by Auntee (new)

Auntee Give in, JJ...you know you want to...:)

message 4: by Ragus (new)

Ragus Julie - scrumptious, titillating review! But, you've GOT to stop this. I can't keep up with the reviews you keep writing that make me buy, buy, buy :o)) I'm all over this series!

Thanks, R.

Julie (jjmachshev) Let me know what you think Ragus. This was an impulse buy that I'm SO glad I did!