LJ's Reviews > Ptolemy's Gate

bookshelves: young_adult, paranormal_fantasy, england
Read in December, 2005

PTOLEMY'S GATE - VG
Stroud, Jonathan - 3rd in series
***While Bartimaeus retains all of his wit and wisdom, his essence suffers severely from lack of rest. Nathaniel, now Information Minister, spends his time writing propaganda to bolster the common folks belief that England is winning its foreign wars and tracking down traitors within the government. Kitty Jones has gone into hiding, apprenticing herself to a magician and learning enough from her master and through research to summon Bartimaeus herself. When Nathaniel finds Kitty, the two of them and the djinni must use all their strength and cunning to defeat the most dangerous demons they have yet encountered, demons that take over the bodies of the government magicians.
*** I am sorry to see this trilogy end as it was absolutely delightful. One small nit with this book was Bartimaeus' constant reference to how tired he was. But in thinking about it, when we are that tired, we tend to mention it a lot. The conclusion was well done and satisfying. I did listen to the audio version as well and, again, loved Simon Jones narration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ptolemy's Gate.