Kayez's Reviews > Skin Trade

Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton

U_50x66
Aug 25, 09

Recommended for: vamp lovers, shapeshifter fans
Read in June, 2009

I recently read Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton and I have to say overall not bad. If I had a number system I'd give it a four out of five. Anita gets a head in the mail from a serial killer, she decides to rush of the Vegas to confront the vamp in question. Now we get to the interesting parts. Lots of Edward in this book, and that's always good. A lot of Olaf too, which oddly is also good. And to top off all the testosterone Bernardo's sexy self, just for the eye candy. Anita's finally getting a good hold on the Arduer, and shouts of hallelujah are heard throughout the fan sites because of that. No Jean-Claude or Asher or any of her regulars, (sad face) but on the upside no Richard or any of his angst.

Of course Anita still needs some snacky bits so in comes Crispin (weretiger, last book) and a newbie Domino. Oddly there were only two sex scenes, both rather lacking on the details, so if you read her work for the erotica you may be disappointed. Though if you enjoy the police aspect of her work and the office politics that go along with Feds against Cops well this is for you.