Justin Padilla's Reviews > The Wrath of Mulgarath

The Wrath of Mulgarath by Holly Black

M 50x66
Aug 24, 09

bookshelves: 2009-ir-books

The Wrath of Mulgarath is about these three kids named Jared, Simon, and Mallory who are trying to save their mother from evil goblin's and Mulgarath (The Ruler of the Goblins). This book takes place in a house that is surrounded by a thick forest, and then in the dark and ominious forest. Jared's main internal conflict is that he has try and explian everything to her, even the goblins, Mulgarath, and the book, but him and his mother are not going to through a good relationship. Jared's main external conflict is that he has to somehow defeat all of the goblins, a dragon, and the shape-shifting ogre, Mulgarath.

During reading this book, I made a Text-to-Self connection. Jared's internal conflict reeminds me of myself when me and my mother were not the best of friends. My little brother, Aaron did something and my mom thought it was me, I tried to tell her that Aaron did it, but she would'nt believe me. We both had a problem, our mother didn't belive us.

I would proudly give this book five stars. It is fascinating and their are a lot of obstacles in the way of the main characters. the reason why I didnt give this book four stars is becuase it was amazing and suspenseful. I would recommened this book to anyone who loves non-stop action and less talking scenes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrath of Mulgarath.