Jodi's Reviews > Cults, Conspiracies, and Secret Societies: The Straight Scoop on Freemasons, The Illuminati, Skull and Bones, Black Helicopters, The New World Order, and many, many more

Cults, Conspiracies, and Secret Societies by Arthur Goldwag

Aug 24, 2009

it was ok
Read in September, 2009

I don't know why I spent $13 on this book; I almost immediately regretted it. It provides a nice overview-- quite wide-ranging in that it includes groups from all over the world, from a variety of belief systems. It'll quench any mild curiosity, but the writing is pretty terrible and due to the scope, he doesn't get down to the dirty on the groups that deserve another page of the attention. Ultimately, it's a pretty shallow read. I s'pose I should have just bought a book on Jonestown.

As Helter Skelter is really one of my favorite non-fiction books, I thought I needed some kind of anthology on cults. But nope, I didn't. Read if you want a brief intro to these societies, because that's all you're going to get. And skip the intro to the book itself because it falls flat. Also- no index? Double-you tee eff?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cults, Conspiracies, and Secret Societies.

01/11 marked as: read