penny's Reviews > The Crafts Business Answer Book: Starting, Managing, and Marketing a Homebased Arts, Crafts, or Design Business

The Crafts Business Answer Book by Barbara Brabec

Aug 24, 09

bookshelves: craft-other, library-bpl
Read in August, 2009

I have meant to check this book out from the library since I first came across it during research for my Master's project over a year and a half ago. I finally stopped by the Brooklyn Business Library a few weeks ago and I'm not really sure why I waited. This book is full of answers to common questions and while parts of it are dated (in my eyes) by not being able to mention what a force the internet and Etsy, Craftster, and Ravelry have played in changing the environment, it is still quite valuable. I found that the format mostly worked for me, though sometimes the alphabetization didn't make sense. At first I was disappointed to find the index lacking (since I read through most books backwards) but was delighted to find that the table of contents provided theme based organization to the Q/A. If you are really serious and about to launch a crafts business I do suggest you look at this book as I felt it was valuable to me in understanding some things I hadn't thought about due to the nature of my other business (technology consulting).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crafts Business Answer Book.