Crystal's Reviews > Something Borrowed

2080544
Sep 15, 09

bookshelves: read-in-2009
Read in August, 2009

I won this books from Goodreads and it sat in my To-Read pile for a couple of months. SHAME ON ME! It is my favorite guilty read of 2009. Emily Giffin had me sucked in by the first chapter. Within the 322 pages, Giffin made me feel emphathy, annoyance, anger, and joy toward Rachel White. I never once felt indifference.

Rachel has always followed the rule-book. That is until her 30th birthday. When she breaks a rule, she does it big...she sleeps with her best friend's fiance. That's just chapter one.

Giffin allows us to follow Rachel through her summer and her relationship with Darcy (Rachel's best friend) and Dex (Darcy's fiance). Giffin really made me see that everything isn't black and white and sometimes you have to put yourself first. I'm looking forward to reading Something Blue.

About the author from the back cover:

Emily Giffin graduated from Wake Forest University and the University of Virginia School of Law. She practiced law in New York City for several years before moving to London where she began writing full time. She now lives in Atlanta with her husband and two sons.

I couldn't help but wonder if there was any autobiography in this. I also hope that Ethan (Rachel's friend living in London) makes some appearances in the novels to come. I really liked him. I found myself rooting for him and Rachel at one point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Borrowed.

08/24/2009 page 50
14.66% "I'm already sucked in. Scandolous :)"
08/27/2009 page 206
60.41% "I cannot believe I have waited list long to read any of Emily Griffin's novels. Shame on me."