Jenny's Reviews > The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence

The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker

Mar 28, 13

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from March 09 to 28, 2013

This is an important book for anyone to read - it helps you figure out your gut instincts a little better and figure out a way to use that information in a helpful way. Valuable information. However, some of it wasn't so much useful to me as just fun to read - the entire process of him trying to locate a murdering stalker of one of his clients was riveting but probably (or rather hopefully) not something I'll ever have to use in my real life. But the tips, check lists and personal stories were good.

Even if you take the danger element out of it - it offered some good tips for dealing with people. He discusses an angry man who would not accept no from a potential employer. That guy was a bit unhinged and dangerous but it made me think of work situations where I also have to deal with those "don't take no for an answer" people and it helped me understand a bit better where they're coming from and how I can stop the endless calls.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gift of Fear.