J.R.'s Reviews > Meant To Be

Meant To Be by Ruth Ann Nordin

Sep 20, 09

Read in September, 2009

Author Ruth Ann Nordin’s latest book, “Meant To Be” is a fun, quick read. The tale centers around strangers Ted Jacob and Megan Crane, who, while headed on a west-bound train, find themselves trapped in Fargo, North Dakota in April 1898 after the theft of a time travel device.

Needless to say, those in 1898’s Fargo are just as surprised at the sight of Ted and Megan as Ted and Megan are to see them. Unfortunately, Megan is thought to be a prostitute; a local preacher is called to wed the couple immediately and “make things right.”

The story has many positive aspects. One of the most important ones I think is making the reader take a break, sit back and reflect on our own lives and what is important to us. In 2009 we take so many things for granted. Despite so many inventions to ease our existence, we still spend most of our days rushing around to get things done. This story helps us to focus on the importance of ethics, friendship, love, and our world, and has a wonderful ending. Great job, Mrs. Nordin – I look forward to reading more of your work.

J.R. Reardon
Author, “Confidential Communications”
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meant To Be.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sherri needs a twin I agree. At first I didn't like Megan, but then I took a step back and considered how I myself would react to being in her place.