Diana's Reviews > Bergdorf Blondes

F_50x66
Aug 23, 09

bookshelves: fluff, adult-fiction
Read in January, 2005

This book is the literary equivalent of empty calories. Plum Sykes puts the life of the New York socialite on a platter and serves it with a bottle of Veuve snuggled in its very own ice jacket.

I don't really want to discuss this book's merits (or lack thereof). What I want to discuss is the Alpha-Beta peel. All the characters in the book are obssessed with it and, having a bit of an obsession with skincare myself, I was intrigued. After some minor investigation, I discovered that the Alpha-Beta peel does exist. Unfortunately, the services of Manhattan dermatologist Dr. Gross are not in my budget. I thought, maybe one day, and moved on.

Several months later, I was shopping in Sephora and I happened upon an at-home version of the Alpha-Beta peel! I just had to give it a try. Fyi, after three months of using the product, my skin looked exactly the same as before.

I would recommend this book ONLY to those of you who like this sort of thing. You know who you are.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bergdorf Blondes.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christina Gremm regarding the Alpha-Beta Peel mentioned in Bergdorf Blonds. That is a clinical peel and can only be performed by licensed professionals. The acids used in this peel would be around 30- 50%. The product you bought from Sephora has likely only a 2% AHA(Alpha Hydroxy Acid) or BHA(Beta Hydroxy Acid) in it. If you want results you do have to go professional, Try Glymed its professional but affordable http://www.glymedplus.com/