Ally72's Reviews > Proof by Seduction

2201558
Jan 24, 2010

bookshelves: historical-romances
Read from January 21 to 24, 2010

** spoiler alert ** There really isn't anything better than reading a wonderful book and left feeling happy after it is over. The story revolves around Gareth (Marquess of Blakely) and Jenny (Madame Esmerelda). Gareth is a scientist and restricted to his numerous responsibilities of being a Marquess. Jenny is a well educated orphan who is trying to live an independent life. She has few options available to her so she decides to be a fortune teller. Gareth's cousin, Ned, comes to depend upon Jenny for advice and Gareth fears he is being taken advantage of. Gareth threatens to expose Jenny and in the process falls in love with her. There is so much more to this story and depth to the characters than what I am writing about. I know I am NOT doing this book justice with my review! "Proof of Seduction" was a beautiful love story where two complicated and intelligent people came together in a perfect fit. This book reminds me of Tessa Dare and Julia Quinn's (especially her older ones) books. If you like those writers, I think you will really like this one too. Courtney Milan has become a new (favorite) author for me to read and I cannot wait until her next book comes out!
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Proof by Seduction.

Rane reads some great reviews on this,is it living up to the hype?

Ally72 Hi Rane!
I have read some super reviews too, but I haven't had a chance to start reading it! I am planning on starting it later tonight and I am excited about it!!! I will let you know how it goes once I get reading.

message 3: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc I want to read this one too!! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Ally72 Angelc wrote: "I want to read this one too!! Can't wait to hear what you think!"

Thanks! I was so tired last night that I didn't get to read more than three pages! Although, the three pages I read seemed really good. LOL!!! I am hoping to read more this weekend and I will let you know how it goes.

Rane Great Review Alexis!
Am reading it right now myself and have fallen in love with the author's writings! Garth and Jenny are just awesome!

message 6: by Ally72 (last edited Jan 24, 2010 06:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally72 Thanks Rane! I didn't know you were reading it too! I love Jenny and wasn't so sure about Gareth in the beginning, but I soon grew to love him too. I will be anxious to read your thoughts when you are done! I wonder when Courtney Milan is going to have her next book come out? I hope soon!

message 7: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc Awesome review, Alexis! I can't wait to read it!!

Ally72 Thanks Angelc! I think you would really like it!!!

Rane Alexis wrote: "Thanks Rane! I didn't know you were reading it too! I love Jenny and wasn't so sure about Garth in the beginning, but I soon grew to love him too. I will be anxious to read your thoughts when yo..."

Well supposely the next book Trial by Desire will be out Fall 2010 this time it'll be about Ned :D

Ally72 Good! It will be interesting to read a book about Ned...I wonder what the storyline will be about? I really hope he continues to mature.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review, Alexis! I enjoyed this one a lot myself and I'm really looking forward to Ned's book too. :)

Ally72 Thanks AJ! It will be fun to read it when it comes out.

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Thanks for the review. I've heard alot of good things about this book, too.

Ally72 Thank-you Susan! I think you would really like it. It was different (in a good way) from some of the historical romances I have read and I am anxious to read more by this author! If you decide to read it, you will have to let me know what you think!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I'm glad you enjoyed this one, Ally. I was very impressed with her writing in the short story I read.

Ally72 Thanks Danielle! I am anxious to read that short story because White (I think that was the character's name) is in "Proof of Seduction" so I am guessing it is good. I think you would really like this book! It will be fun to look forward to the next one she writes.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I am so in love with William Q. White. I love saying his name. Go read this story, Ally!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish OK, this one is going to be read right after I finish Bow Street Runners.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I look forward to your review, Dhestiny.

Ally72 Dhestiny...I will be anxious to find out what you think too. I really, really, really liked this book, but LK's books are still my favorite!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Alexis wrote: "Dhestiny...I will be anxious to find out what you think too. I really, really, really liked this book, but LK's books are still my favorite! "

I won a signed copy of Proof by Seduction and because it's signed I'm nervous about reading it and damaging it. LOL But I will read it and review it as part of my New Years Resolution.

Ally72 I am the same way about special books! Dhestiny...How do you include a link when you are typing a book in your message? I have seen other people do this on goodreads, but I never knew how to do it. Am I making any sense? LOL!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish See the little add book/author link right above the reply box? Click on that and type in the book, or if you want to search for an author, click the little author tab first.

If you want to add an image instead of the link, look at the bottom of that little popup box and click "cover" before doing your search!!

Let me know if you need more help.

Ally72 Thanks Dhestiny! I didn't know that until now. I am going to try it the next time I want to type a book title. I wasn't sure I was making any sense in my last message...it has been a long day!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Alexis wrote: "Thanks Dhestiny! I didn't know that until now. I am going to try it the next time I want to type a book title. I wasn't sure I was making any sense in my last message...it has been a long day!"

You're very welcome! I had to ask that very same question when I was newer. :) I like to add the link rather than type it out because it makes it easier for anyone reading my post to go look at the book if they want to. All they have to do is click my link :)