Proushaat's Reviews > Eyes Like Stars

Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

Dec 29, 13

bookshelves: attempted
Read in September, 2009

How can I put this into words? This book is officially on my worthless books list! It did not worth a second of my life to even browse it let alone try to make a sense out of it! The dear author throws you in the middle of a junk, as if the story was going on for ages and you just happened to stumble in between at your own fault! Conversations are going as if there is no need of slightest hint of introduction of the characters or the reason behind the talks! And all that was going on through the first 100 pages was about the blue hair dye of the heroine! It's not even funny!

It came out couple months ago and I keep looking at the reviews and all you see is exact 5 stars with positive everything~ and here I swear that I could not even make myself to skim through it (Nonetheless I gave it a chance up to page 120 in a dire hope of misjudgment on my part)! Oh and how so magically it was that you could open this book from any page you wished and reading forward did not require any knowledge of the past event whatsoever! This book is officially on my WORSE BOOK OF 2009 list!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eyes Like Stars.

09/03/2009 page 3 "This doesn't even make a sense! What on earth is even going on? What's with the blue hair for God's sake?"
09/07/2009 page 42 "I really don't like this book, what is with the blue dye talk for over 20 pages?"
09/07/2009 page 88 "Sweet Jesus! Is there something wrong with me that I can't find anything worthy in this book? What's up with all the 5 star reviews?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joshua (new)

Joshua EXCELLENT! Couldn't agree more. What a giant MESS this book is!