Jennifer D's Reviews > Doctor Zhivago

Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

Feb 21, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own, to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doctor Zhivago.

02/11/2012 page 31

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cindy I just wanted to let you know that I quite liked Dr. Zhivago. I hope the people who didn't like it won't keep you away. :)

message 2: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer D Cindy wrote: "I just wanted to let you know that I quite liked Dr. Zhivago. I hope the people who didn't like it won't keep you away. :)"

Aww, thanks, Cindy! I am really looking forward to it and those poopy-heads won't dissuade me. :)

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer D Petra, El and Heather really like this one too - so, along with you, that is awesome company to have!! I don' t think it gets better than that, really.

Cindy Haha, well you still might not like it, and that's okay. But it is so worth reading. It did take me a bit to really get immersed in the story, but when I did, it was fabulous. IMHO, it's a book that has to match your mood for it to sing. Probably more that most other books I've read.

message 5: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer D Mmm...I tend to really pay attention to my mood(s) when it's selecting my next read time. That's why I got sort of stuck in December. Nothing was sitting right. Right now, I have a small bit of one book to finish, then I want to finish KL. I am think Feb 1st for Dr. Z. February seems a god month for this story and my general/mild SAD! ;)

Cindy Yeah, I could see this going down well in Feb! I did the total opposite and read it on a beach in Santa Cruz. It might be an interesting contrast to KL-- two countries very used to snow and long winters.

message 7: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer D Mmm...Santa Cruz!
That's a really good point, Cindy - about KL and Dr. Z!

Petra Can't wait to hear your thoughts, Jennifer. Like Cindy, I found the beginning slow but then I figured out what Pasternak was saying and the entire story just opened up. It's a marvelous piece of work.

message 9: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer D That is good to hear, Petra!! (The 'marvellous piece of work bit, not the slow start bit.) :)