Carla Stewart's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Aug 21, 09

Read in August, 2009

Jenny B. Jones debut into women’s fiction, Just Between You and Me, has been chosen as a 2009 WOMEN OF FAITH novel. In a departure from her quirky, action-filled Young Adult books, Jenny brings the same fun style to an adult audience.

Ivy, Texas is the last place Maggie Montgomery wants to go, but at the urgent request of her dad, she returns to her hometown. She’d rather be skydiving or rappelling or any number of other things in her adventurous life as a photojournalist. Once there, getting away is not as easy as she’d hoped. Neither is facing the fears from her past and the people she’s hurt growing up in Small Town, America.

The story is one fraught with mishaps and filled with tenderness. Maggie’s niece, Riley, has experienced more than any ten year old should, and it is only to save her that Maggie agrees to stay. A budding romance with the local vet, a sister (Riley’s mom) with a drug addiction, and a haunting memory give Maggie’s story layers that kept me guessing and reading until the last page. The author packs a lot of humor into the pathos for a light, faith-filled book with a message for young and old alike. Only by reliance on God can we embrace and conquer our deepest fears.

Highly recommended for a summertime read . . . or anytime you need a pick-me-up!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.