Shawna's Reviews > Hot Ticket

Hot Ticket by Deirdre Martin

3 stars – Contemporary/Sports Romance Anthology

The drool-worthy stud on the cover is the best, hottest thing about this book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Ticket.

Collette Hmmm I see they changed the cover since I read this one. Nice!!

Shawna Yeah, verrrry nice! Unfortunately, the stories aren't nearly as hot as the cover.

Collette True but I got what I expected from these authors. I like a light read like this from time to time. There is something comforting about it, I guess. lol

Shawna That's true, it has been pretty fun, light read, and I looove sports hunks!

message 5: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Too bad it wasn't a 5-star read. I'm craving a good sports romance right now.

But hey! At least this made your cover hottie ho shelf!!! ROTFL!!!

Shawna Tammy wrote: "Too bad it wasn't a 5-star read. I'm craving a good sports romance right now.

But hey! At least this made your cover hottie ho shelf!!! ROTFL!!!"

Me too, Tammy! The movie "For the Love of the Game" with Kevin Costner was on AMC earlier this week, and it made me want to read a good sports romance. This was 'okay', but it didn't quite satisfy my craving.

But it was mighty nice to look at! :)

message 7: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Loved that movie! Kevin Costner and Kelly Preston sizzled on the big screen. =) I bought the book, but it just wasn't the same.

Not that many great sports romances out there. I loved SEP's Chicago Stars series (listening to the audio versions now) and I enjoyed a few of Rachel Gibson's hockey romances. The others I've come across were exactly what you said - "okay" but not satisfying.

message 8: by Corrine (new)

Corrine I made the collosal mistake last year of buying Deirdre Martin's entire backlist before reading any of her work. I got through two and a half before I automatically reposted them on PBS.

message 9: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Corrine wrote: "I made the collosal mistake last year of buying Deirdre Martin's entire backlist before reading any of her work. I got through two and a half before I automatically reposted them on PBS."

LOL! Wonder if I got one of your copies? I ordered a couple of DM's books on PBS. Wasn't crazy about them! I also re-posted them on PBS.

Shawna I wasn't that impressed with Deirdre Martin's story in this, so I doubt I'll read her hockey books.

message 11: by Corrine (new)

Corrine Tammy wrote: "Corrine wrote: "I made the collosal mistake last year of buying Deirdre Martin's entire backlist before reading any of her work. I got through two and a half before I automatically reposted them on..."

I actually think I still have most of them (unfortunately).