Laura Lulu's Reviews > Magic Bites

Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

Aug 21, 09

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, shifters, magic, i-own, my-faves
Read in October, 2009

Love this series! I might have given this 1st book only 3 stars on it's own, but after reading the 2nd & 3rd books, I can't give it less than 4 based on the series as a whole--the 2nd book was better than the 1st, and the 3rd was better than the second--can't wait for the 4th. :)

Fast, action-packed, smart, smart-assed & funny, with great, truly likeable characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bites.

Quotes Laura Lulu Liked

Ilona Andrews
“Have you ever met someone and felt… I don't know how to describe it, felt a chance at having something that eluded you? I don't know… Forget I said anything."

I knew what he meant. He was describing that moment when you realize that you are lonely. For a time you can be alone and doing fine and never give a thought to living any other way and then you meet someone and suddenly you become lonely. It stabs at you, almost like a physical pain, and you feel both deprived and angry, deprived because you wish to be with that person and angry, because their absence brings you misery. It's a strange feeling, akin to desperation, a feeling that makes you wait by the phone even though you know that the call is an hour away. I was not going to lose my balance. Not yet.”
Ilona Andrews, Magic Bites

Wendy Darling I'm guessing I'm really going to love this series--everyone says they get better and better, and I already like the first!

Laura Lulu Can't go wrong with Kate--I haven't met anyone who doesn't love her. Some people don't love the first book, they want a bit more explanation of the world and the magic, but they're all hooked by the second book. :)