Michelle Lemaster's Reviews > Too Fat to Fish

Too Fat to Fish by Artie Lange

Sep 04, 09

bookshelves: guilty-pleasures, memoir
Read in September, 2009

Boy... how did I come across this one? That's easy. I picked it up for my husband and, of course, it was in the bathroom ready to be read. It seems so natural that this read would begin on the toilet! Well, I started reading it and just kept coming back to it. Might as well admit it: This high-brow literary junkie is enjoying a guilty pleasure! From Dickens to Artie Lange! You can't say my tastes are not diverse!

Really though,if you want to better acquaint yourself with the psyche of an irreverent pig (no offense to pigs), read up on Artie, one of Howard Stern's cronies. I actually find him quite likable in his own embrace-your-vices kind of way.

Particulary funny is the terrific, HILAROUS reading group guide! As if!

Here's an example of a question available there:

1. Artie Lange begins his memoir by discussing his infantile incontinence. Struggles to control his bowels soon surface as a theme throughout the book. Do you think there is a connection between these instances and Artie's struggles with self-control? How does Artie's battle with hs bowels serve as both an obstacle and motivation throughout the book?

Hahahaha

Well I've finished now. A read as gratuitous as Artie's life. I enjoyed it though. No matter what kind of jerk Artie may act like, I still, somehow, against all common sense (?!), like him. Found in my bathroom and quite a good bathroom read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Fat to Fish.

08/26/2009 page 176
55.0% "Still reading about Artie's train wreck of a life. Provides a nice light modern balance to reading Great Expectations."