Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day)'s Reviews > Twisted

Twisted by Andrea Kane

Sep 13, 2009

bookshelves: source-own, 2009, fiction, f-thriller, cat-series, f-general, personal-library
Read in September, 2009

This is my first Andrea Kane book, and I was really impressed with her writing. For me, one of the most important criteria in books is the writing style, which really scores here. The suspense, the characters, their relationships, the actual events all were truly remarkable. I should say the killer in this book is one of the most horrific minds I have read about. I was actually shuddering at one point and wondering how can a man get this bad. I liked the whys and the whats of this murder thriller. It was different not from the usual mill. I absolutely loved the amount of research Andrea has put into this book. I thought it was stellar. She has done a good job writing about Krav Maga, Greek mythology, the FBI, even about data structures at one point (I was impressed by that, since I work in that area).

I thought the book started really well, and liked how the action starts and builds up right from page one. Though I predicted who the murderer was, after about 1/3rd of the book, it was still done nicely, not too predictable, not too unpredictable. I truly liked Derek and Sloane, and their personal relationship was amazing to read about. :)

All in all, I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a good mystery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted.

09/08/2009 page 55
show 1 hidden update…

Wendy Aths I love this book!

message 2: by Athira (last edited Sep 07, 2009 05:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) I'm loving this too, Wendy, only a few chapters in and it's turning out to be a great book, both as a mystery and in language!

message 3: by Gina (new) - added it

Gina I'm a little more than halfway through. Wendy, I'm loving it! Aths, it gets way better! I can't express how this author captures my attention. Incredible writing, I love her characters, and she literally had me shuddering at one part of the story where the reader's inside the killer's head. Holy crow, did I get the shivers, and my stomach turned. For an author to really do that to me, that author has to been good - and this one's excellent! I'm so glad we'll get to talk to her this month, you have no idea!

Wendy Me too Gina! I can hardly wait to tell her how much I enjoy her writing.

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) Oooh ... I remember Andrea mentioning writing one of her worst villains ever in Twisted. That must be it. I can't wait to finish the book! It's been long since a mystery did this to me.

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) I think I will finish this today! Excellent, loving this! I think I figured out the culprit at around page 140. Let me read on to see if my hunch it right!

Wendy If I remember correctly it was Chapter 19 when I had it figured out too. I have a few notes somewhere but seem to have misplaced them at the moment :( LOL