Lisa Vegan's Reviews > Flotsam

Flotsam by David Wiesner

Oct 02, 2007

bookshelves: reviewed, childrens, fiction, picture-books
Recommended for: every young child & everyone in their lives
Read in October, 2007

Superb book that even the youngest book listener will be able to read on their own, as it’s told almost entirely in pictures: but so much more fun for adults or older kids to read it with them. A great fantasy story for kids, but there’s also a lot of science thrown in and objects to talk about and explain. And it communicates a lovely message about sharing & giving. Gorgeous pictures. And there’s a great photo of the author as a 5 year old at the seashore on the back inside cover with the author information section. I’m telling all my friends who have or know young children to get it for them if they don’t already have a copy. I really love this unique book!
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flotsam.

02/04 marked as: read

Ronyell Great review Lisa!! I really enjoyed this book too! It spoke so many levels to me regarding my time at the beach!

Lisa Vegan Ronyell wrote: "Great review Lisa!! I really enjoyed this book too! It spoke so many levels to me regarding my time at the beach!"

I think this might remain my favorite of his books. Have you read many, Ronyell? Which is/are your favorites?

Ronyell Lisa wrote: "Ronyell wrote: "Great review Lisa!! I really enjoyed this book too! It spoke so many levels to me regarding my time at the beach!"

I think this might remain my favorite of his books. Have you read..."

Some of my favorite books from David Wiesner include:

Tuesday
Flotsam
The Three Pigs
Sector 7

Lisa Vegan I think I liked those too. I can't remember if I've read any others.

Ronyell Lisa wrote: "I think I liked those too. I can't remember if I've read any others."

Those are the only ones I've read so far from David Wiesner, so I'm definitely planning on reading more from his books!

Carmen Great review!

Lisa Vegan Carmen wrote: "Great review!"

Thank you, Carmen. I'm glad you also found this special book.