Ladiibbug's Reviews > The Complete Idiot's Guide to Weight Loss

Aug 20, 09

bookshelves: weight-loss-health
Recommended for: People Interested In Weight Loss
Read in August, 2009

This is an *excellent* book to guide the reader in a healthy weight loss program. The information is clear, concise, and easy to remember.

I read this as a library book, and will absolutely be buying an updated version* soon. This would be a terrific reference resource, or a great book to open at random to refresh your memory or renew your motivation.

Authors Lucy Beale (weight loss expert and coach) and Sandy Couvillon, MS, LDN, RD (Registered Dietician with a Master's degree in nutrition) have the credentials to make me feel very comfortable that I am getting sound advice from a medical and nutritional standpoint.

From discussing the benefits of weight loss, to which foods (and how much of each) you should eat ... to explaining the glucose/glycemic index, to discussing various popular weight loss plans and debunking those that are not nutritionally healthy ... add a very complete look at exercise ... and so much more.

*Updated Version: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Healthy Weight Loss, 2nd Ed. (12/6/05)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Idiot's Guide to Weight Loss.