Julie's Reviews > The Siege

Nov 22, 09

bookshelves: mystery-crime-thriller, usa-contemporary, read-2009
Recommended to Julie by: Jeanette
Read in November, 2009

3 1/2 star heap of fun. Perfect for whiling away a dreary autumn day, an interminable flight, a sick day when the thought of daytime television is far too depressing. It's easy to get caught up in the mayhem and suspense and nearly impossible to put down. One does have to eat and use the facilities, but only briefly!

Not so crazy about the ending, which rather dimmed its 4-star potential for me. But it was a terrific ride getting there! I would definitely seek out more Stephen White when the need to escape into a great thriller arises.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Siege.

Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist" I'm glad this one worked for you, Julie. I knew you wouldn't rate it as highly as I did, but it's certainly a good escape book.

Julie Jeanette- have you read any other by White that you'd recommend? I'm not so keen on the Alan Gregory (is that correct?) series, but I'd look for other "independent" thrillers.

Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist" I think his only other stand-alone thriller is Kill Me. I wasn't crazy about the way it ended, but it's otherwise a good choice. It treats an idea I've not seen in any other novel and it made me think a lot.