Stephanie's Reviews > Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Lamb by Christopher Moore

Nov 14, 14

bookshelves: favorites, humor, 2010, 2014, read-count-2
Read in November, 2009

Second time reading this book and it is still one of my favorites.

Christopher Moore weaves you through all of the major religions and all the while you are laughing your ass off. You can't say that about most religious books......

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lamb.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

Christopher Moore
“Oh, I would while away the hours,
Wanking in the flowers, my heart all full of song,
I'd be gliding all the lilies as I waved about my willie,
If I only had a schlong.”

Christopher Moore
“I know that even now, having watched enough television, you probably won't even refer to them as lepers so as to spare their feelings. You probably call them 'parts-dropping-off challenged' or something.”

Christopher Moore
“Josh: "What is this thing?"
Gasper: "It's a Yeti. An abominable snowman."
Biff: "This is what happens when you fuck a sheep?"
Josh: "Not an abomination, abominable.”

Christopher Moore
“Nobody's perfect. Well, there was this one guy, but we killed him....”

Christopher Moore
“Joshua's ministry was three years of preaching, sometimes three times a day, and although there were some high and low points, I could never remember the sermons word for word, but here's the gist of almost every sermon I ever heard Joshua give.

You should be nice to people, even creeps.
And if you:
a) believed that Joshua was the Son of God (and)
b) he had come to save you from sin (and)
c) acknowledged the Holy Spirit within you (became as a little child, he would say) (and)
d) didn't blaspheme the Holy Ghost (see c)
then you would:
e) live forever
f) someplace nice
g) probably heavan
However, if you:
h) sinned (and/or)
i) were a hypocrite (and/or)
j) valued things over people (and)
k) didn't do a, b, c, and d,
then you were:
l) fucked”

11/10/2014 marked as: currently-reading 4 comments
11/14/2014 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stephanie Israel wrote: "I was expecting a little...I don't know. I have been slowly mulling through it and waiting for something. I think it's so well-reviewed that I was setting myself up with high expectations."

Oh, I just love the guys wit. He is funny about the whole religion thing, yet he hits some profound points.

Petra X smokin' hot I have this to read. If it's 5 star funny I think I should move it up my list.

Stephanie Petra Xtra Crunchy wrote: "I have this to read. If it's 5 star funny I think I should move it up my list."

Highly recommended Petra :)

Mara I've actually read and listened to it multiple times because damn that's some funny shit! I also think I learned more about religion from the gospel according to Biff than anything we ever read in high school.

Stephanie Mara wrote: "I've actually read and listened to it multiple times because damn that's some funny shit! I also think I learned more about religion from the gospel according to Biff than anything we ever read in ..."

Agree! I've read and listened to it myself and I know I learned more about religion with this gospel than any other. I know I'll read it many times more.

Dan 2.0 Yup, this book's the shit!

Stephanie Dan 2.0 wrote: "Yup, this book's the shit!"

Well said!