Ryann Murphy's Reviews > Hot Pursuit

Hot Pursuit by Suzanne Brockmann

Aug 19, 09

Read in August, 2009

I am a huge fan Suzanne Brockmann's work. Anticipating a new novel of hers is like preparing to revisit old friends. This novel was no exception. Sam and Alyssa are back and we know from the beginning that someone very evil has targetted Alyssa, thus beginning the suspense that exists throughout the book. Other characters featured are Dan Gillman and new character, statuesque and funny Jennilyn. Jules, Robin, Izzy, Lopez and others are also on hand. I enjoyed the story and the characters and I am anxious to see what happens with them next!

So, this was the first book I read entirely on my iPod Touch. I could not wait any longer for my turn on the library hold list so downloading it seemed like a good option. It worked out surprisingly well. What I missed from not having the print copy in hand was anticipating the pace of the story. When reading a book, I usually know how much of the story is left by how many pages are left to read.

However, on the ebook, I didn't clue into what page I was on until nearly the end. So, I was almost caught by surprise by the ending. Not because of the story itself, just because I didn't realize how little of the book was left at that point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Pursuit.