Kathryn's Reviews > Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel

Nov 01, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, middle-grade, own
Read in October, 2007

Who knew Butler is blond, Artemis is near anorexic skinny and Julius is, well, gray. I loved the visuals that a graphic novel can give a book to make it come alive.

While the graphics are amazing, the story hasn't changed, in fact, it looses a lot of its depth because it is so short. The two best things about the Artemis Fowl books are the sharp dialogue and rounded characters, and both of these qualities are lost in the graphic novel.

Because I am already a huge fan of Eoin Colfer and the Artemis Fowl books, I found this an entertaining and quick reminder of what happened in first book but not a stand-out book in its own right.

However, if you love graphic novels but have never read the Artemis Fowl books, I think you will like this book. The best part is, if the graphic version gets you interested, you are already half way to becoming obsessed with one of the best YA fantasy series out there.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis Fowl.

Gretchen Very true. I also found Artemis' size to be concerning. I realize his mother was not doing the greatest parenting job at the time, but that doesn't mean he has to starve!