matthew's Reviews > Mind Performance Hacks: Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain

Mind Performance Hacks by Ron Hale-Evans

Dec 30, 08

bookshelves: dear-to-my-heart, to-reread

on my second run-through of this book. it's not really meant to be read linearly, but is a collection of various ways to play with your head, in the interest of "improving" it. it's got a lot of cog sci in, but it's all perfectly simple to understand - even the math bits! good stuff. i may even have implemented some of the techniques without conscious effort (which is good, 'cause conscious effort's almost beyond my capabilities, now). i find this stuff fascinating, and i think it could help almost anyone, but others might not be so taken with its intent, which is why i hesitate to recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Performance Hacks.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I don't get it.... Techniques for what? What will this make my mind able to do?

matthew MAGIC!

all kinds of things, really. lightning calculation. acquire eidetic memory. defeat mental ills with rationality. things of this sort. also, like, not forget where you put your keys, if you have such problems, and how to be creative, and junk. it's just good for your brain! and i'm totally serious.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Does the author have a volume on tips and tools to make yourself stop dicking around on addictive internet sites? Because I would definitely put that on my "to-read" shelf.

matthew he has tips, i believe, but what you're looking for, oddly enough, is a website - lifehacker.

and i can't help but feel you were, in some way, partly responsible for me spending all my damn time on here. contrary to popular opinion, i do have other things to do. brood, mostly.