Becky's Reviews > The Dead-Tossed Waves

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Mar 23, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, dystopia, sheroes, fantasy
Read from March 22 to 23, 2010

I didn't read this in one sitting, but boy did I ever want to! Unfortunately for me, family dinner and work got in the way a little bit, but I did finish it in 24 hours. The story was just that awesome!

I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth so I was super excited to read this companion novel. I wanted to know more about the world full of unconsecrated/mudo. Frankly, even after I finished this book I STILL want to know more. I want to know about The Return. What happened? How long ago did it happen? Why did it happen? Carrie Ryan needs to answer my burning questions before I go crazy and turn into a zombie myself!

Gabry is a great protagonist. She's not unbelievably perfect. She's flawed and afraid, but she fights through it for the people she loves. I was completely engrossed by all the twists and turns in her story, you will be too! Run, don't walk, to the library and get a copy of The Dead-Tossed Waves...OR if you've yet to read the first of this awesomely awesome series (what's wrong with you?!) get a copy of The Forest of Hands and Teeth instead. You will NOT regret it.

p.s. I have now added another thing to the long list of "Things that Don't Exist that Fiance Must Protect Me From"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead-Tossed Waves.

03/23/2010 page 177