Joanne's Reviews > Everything Matters!

Everything Matters! by Ron Currie Jr.

Aug 18, 09

Read in August, 2009

This is a hard book to review without giving too much away, so I will just say: read the description on the inside cover. If that seems like your cup of tea, it probably is. I was not disappointed - in fact, I was dazzled throughout much of the book, and I came to really love some of the characters - but I can't give it the full 5 points because the ending wasn't as special and luminous and transcendent as the book deserved. It seemed rushed, which is a total shame because the rest of the book was plotted so well and written with such a generous spirit. I'm old, so I feel like I've already figured out this stuff for myself, already made a decision 25 years ago to have kids, already am sure of my beliefs, etc. (I'm trying not to give too much away here...) but for those who are still questioning, this is one of those books that holds the secrets of life. As a teacher, I will say that the people who could really, really benefit from this book would be my students, but there are too many suggestive passages which make the book unsuitable for the classroom. I hope it's the kind of book that young people find on their own and pass around.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything Matters!.