Dawn Michelle's Reviews > The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

Sep 25, 2007

bookshelves: books-i-cant-live-without, books-read-in-2010, 2015-35-book-challenge, books-read-in-2015
Recommended for: ANYONE!!
Read from March 20 to 21, 2015

First read September 1978 - I started a new school and they had these books in the "library" [which was really just books on a window-shelf that you could read at your leisure]. They captivated me and I was never the same afterwards

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these books. What a clear definition of good versus evil and how sometimes evil has to win for Good to ultimately win!!!!
I read them in the PROPER order (or the way C.S. Lewis released them before the publishing world screwed things up) and so these will be reviewed in that order. :)
I have been reading these since I was about 11 and I try and read them every year. They are truly great books and I love re-reading them and enjoying the adventure all over again!
*The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
*Prince Caspian
*The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
*The Horse and His Boy
*The Silver Chair
*The Magician's Nephew
*The Last Battle

I was so happy to see that they were going to release the movies in the proper order. Now we just have to wait a "brazillion" years for each one to come out. SIGH!

In this book, we meet Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy, the Pevensies. They are sent to the country because of the war/air raids on London. There, they meet an eccentric professor, his mean housekeeper and a magical wardrobe.
What happens is pure magic and a fantastic read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1/3/2010
Re-read

Lovely re-read. I just love these books. I get so caught up in the amazement and wonder that is Narnia (I still check closets and wardrobes that I come across). If just sweeps you away.

I have been reading these every year since I was eleven and I figured what a perfect way to start this new year (and decade) off than with this series!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Time for a re-read AND also will take one off my book list challenge this year. Oh how I love this book.
3/20/2015 - 3/21/2015

I love how quickly this book goes. Once you really get into it, you just cannot stop and have to keep reading until you are done. A delightful read once again!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

01/02/2010 page 20