Roxanne's Reviews > My Name is Red

1203152
Sep 25, 09

bookshelves: audio-books-to-knit-to
Read in September, 2009

Listening to while I knit. A quite different type of book. Just beginning.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Name is Red.

message 1: by Bettie☯ (last edited Aug 18, 2009 10:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bettie☯ A greater part of this story and it's unravelling lies in the footnotes and I wonder how this works on fraudio.

It is a fantastic book - truly one of my favorites.

ETA - whatcha knitting?

Roxanne Hmm - well I haven't noticed any footnotes yet - or at least the narrator hasn't called them out, but I am only about an hour into it. I will agree that it is a bit difficult to follow at this point, but I'm sure I'll catch on. I have been wanting to read this and his book Snow for a long time and decided that I need to listen to it. Especially since it was a free download onto my mp3 from the library website. That is so cool! I am making a cabled, hooded navy blue sweater for my grandson in size 2. I am almost done with it. Are you on facebook?? I started reading Austerlitz today. It is better than I thought.

Bettie☯ Roxanne wrote: "Hmm - well I haven't noticed any footnotes yet - or at least the narrator hasn't called them out, but I am only about an hour into it. I will agree that it is a bit difficult to follow at this poin..."

Hello Roxanne - I am not on FB but sometimes I am on LJ but mainly I use that for uploading pictures from my camera to give them an http. Will you post a piccie of that cabled hoodie when you are finished - I hope so. I mainly knit socks - they are very popular here in Sweden and they charge the moon plus sixpence for them in the shops.

:O)

Roxanne I surely will post pictures. Have you heard of www.ravelry.com?? Try it out - sign up and get your name - it is an amazing knitting site. My ravelry name is fingerpaint - so if you do get on you can find me. (I also knit socks but not lately - need to start a pair though.)

message 5: by Bettie☯ (last edited Aug 20, 2009 03:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bettie☯ Roxanne wrote: "I surely will post pictures. Have you heard of www.ravelry.com?? Try it out - sign up and get your name - it is an amazing knitting site. My ravelry name is fingerpaint - so if you do get on you ..."

I have twice tried to get into Ravelry but stoooopidly sent it into spam and cannot find the right addy to revive it from all the zillions of banned addies there. It is no loss as my knitting is entirely utilitarian and should I need to go fancy I have folders and folders of patterns. I do love the soothing effect of knitting and spinning, especially in front of a crackling fire and a cracking film in those dark winter months.

:O)