Rhonda's Reviews > Blackout Girl: Growing Up and Drying Out in America

Blackout Girl by Jennifer Storm

Mar 18, 11

bookshelves: memoirs, read-in-2011, gay-lesbian, recommendation
Read from March 09 to 17, 2011

I bought this book because the author sent me a recomendation through Goodreads, and I thoguht it sounded like something I might be interested in.
I have been reading this book on and off for about a year and 1/2 because it seemed some other book I had borrowed from the library always took precedence. In my life that is what happens with books I buy versus the books I borrow.
Anyways, this book was a really great read for me. I was able to see bits of my past in her story and the trauma she suffered to put her into this downward spiral that overtook her life for so many years is not the same trauma I experienced, but I do believe that my own trauma is what made my life spin out of control for several years.
I would highly recommend this book to others and I plan on passing this on to a young woman I know that seems to be following the same patterns that the author did in her story.
I also bought the second book called Leave the Light On, and am hoping to get to the book soon.
Thanks to Jennifer Storm for writing about her troubles and pain and maybe this will help others, and thanks to her for the book recommendation.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackout Girl.