Veronika KaoruSaionji's Reviews > The Hunting Gun

2420850
Aug 22, 2009

it was ok
Read in August, 2009

This short story has complicated storyline, male narrator, other man - main hero, then letter of the three women from his life, but never mind, it is O.K.
But the letters! They are so hysterical, pathetic and silly... These are not women, but fairies, hags or aliens. :o) The first of them is twenty, but I thought at first about her that she is about ten! She has childish behaviour, but with some strange and certainly not female erotica (also, she is virginal "lolita" for male dreaming). Her mother and aunt is also unrealistic and very silly. This is male erotic and emotional dream about women, pure unrealistic, women are for him strange beings from other realm. The terrible reading for me!
But, some things are very beuatiful. "I saw the burning boat in the night. My life is similar that boat...".
He has very poetical style and I like it. When he write about men, it is O.K., he is very good. But his "women" are very very bad - for female readers (male readers can dream about them, too :o)).
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunting Gun.