jacky's Reviews > Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice For Your Baby's First Year

Baby 411 by Denise Fields

Aug 18, 2009

bookshelves: baby-parenting, 2010
Recommended for: first time parents
Read from March 26 to April 05, 2010

I found this better as an overall baby info book than what to Expect the First Year. The format of having all the information about a topic together would have been helpful at the beginning of my parenting career. Lots of great information that felt very reliable because the authors were very clear about being doctors. I found some good stuff in the sleep and discipline sections. However, I thought the authors were very strict on their ideas, which made me feel guilty when I was doing things differently (like letting my 6 month old nurse to sleep, for example). The only really bad thing about this book is that it was an overview book. It would not have had enough information about nursing, for example.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby 411.

03/26/2010 page 88
15.28% "I've skimmed through up to this point. The beginning is mostly stuff we've already been through."
03/29/2010 page 197
34.2% "Like Baby Bargains, I'm compelled to read more of this than I planned. Probably going to go cover to cover."
03/31/2010 page 273
47.4% "Read sleep chapter, now feeling a bit guilty about our nursing naps and car seat naps ..."
show 1 hidden update…