Rainbow's Reviews > Soon I Will Be Invincible

Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman

Jul 27, 13

Read in July, 2013

This book is so beautifully written, it actually took me longer than usual to get through because I kept stopping to reread things. Like -- "Wait, was that paragraph *actually* that breathtaking? Oh my God, IT WAS."

I'd take camera photos of brilliant paragraphs, then have no idea what to do with them. I read a ton of it out loud to my husband, just because I needed someone to acknowledge how awesome it was.

"Soon I Will Be Invincible" is a book about comic-book superheroes, but it isn't a comic book. And I've been thinking about whether it would still be enjoyable, even if you hadn't read thousands of old comic books . . .

I think so. I think it would hold up.

But if you HAVE read thousands of old comic books, it will own you. Read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soon I Will Be Invincible.

07/27/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Wolf I'm so happy to see your review! I've had this on my "really should check it out" list for a while now -- and now I really do need to check it out!

message 2: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly As someone who grew up reading comic books (& I still do!) this is definitely on my list of books to read. Glad you liked it! Your review absolutely solidifies that I MUST read it!

message 3: by Tika (new) - added it

Tika I never did get into comics (I'm an Oz girl), so I will read this and REPORT BACK, madam.