kari's Reviews > The Lucky One

2207055
Feb 01, 10

bookshelves: 2009
Read in October, 2009

This is the first Nicholas Sparks book I've read and I'll look for another. This book grabbed me from the first chapter, clearly written and intriguing characters and, even though I had a pretty good idea of where the plot was going and didn't really have any surprises, I still really enjoyed the story and how it was told.
Logan Thiebault is a great character and I really wanted him to find his way and his HEA. Without too much detail, his experiences as a marine and how that affected his life were well-told and made him an easier character to understand, even the idea that he didn't really quite understand himself was easy to believe. His dog Zeus was a nice addition to his story, the fact that the dog was truly his best friend. I'm glad I took the time to read this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lucky One.

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 6: by Lham (new)

Lham Yangzom hey kari..since this was ur first NS book i wud suggest u to read..message in a bottle, bend in a road..etc,,these books are awesome and if you love reading books then do read...the kite runner by khaled hosseini

kari Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look for those.

Roxy Read "the choice" it's addicting just like this one was.

kari I will do that. Thanks for the recommendation.

message 2: by Hillary (new) - added it

Hillary I also suggest reading the notebook. Personally i like it way better than the movie because I like forming the looks of the characters in my head lol. I read the book before I saw the movie and i decided to not even finish the movie

kari Hillary wrote: "I also suggest reading the notebook. Personally i like it way better than the movie because I like forming the looks of the characters in my head lol. I read the book before I saw the movie and i d..."

I have seen the movie and wondered if the book is much better than the movie. I'll give it a try. I do like the movie, though.