Roxanne's Reviews > Smashed, Squashed, Splattered, Chewed, Chunked and Spewed

Smashed, Squashed, Splattered, Chewed, Chunked and Spewed by Lance Carbuncle

Nov 26, 09

bookshelves: books-2009, five-stars
Read in August, 2009

I didn't know what to think of the Book when i got it and i kinda put off reading it for a while although i don't know why.

I seriously think its one of my favourite books of the year and its hard to say why without spoiling the book but its just awesome from start to finish.

It reminded me alot of fear and loathing in las vegas and pretty much every road trip movie/book going it has that same feeling of they're never going get what they want in the end but you'll go along for the ride anyways. The book itself is really funny and it has some really good quotes in it, which if you repeat most people don't have a clue what you're on about.

Pretty much every chapter something happens, there are a ton of crazy people in this book, all with their own tales, including a talking dog, a stuffed Dad, blues guitarist, The Pedros, Cousins, freak shows, vultures, aunties that collect poop, and a quite a few more.

The ending was a bit surreal but then the whole of the book was so it fitted, i think you just wanted it to keep going really but it had a sweet ending.

Awesome book definitely recommend it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smashed, Squashed, Splattered, Chewed, Chunked and Spewed.