Ralph's Reviews > What They Always Tell Us

Oct 07, 09

Recommended to Ralph by: Thomas
Recommended for: Everyone
Read in October, 2009, read count: 1

What They Always Tell us is told from two point of views. Alex, the younger brother, who is a social outcast after he makes a mistake at a party and James, the older brother, who is mister popularity. The boys used to be close when they were younger, but ever since Alex's mistake, they've grown apart. The novel follows the two boys relationship with each other and Alex's friendship with Nathen - his brothers friend - and Henry, the strange boy across the street.

I absolutely loved this novel! It was recommended to me by one of my friends on here and I'm glad I read it. It was able to keep my attention and make me want to keep on reading. I liked all of the characters, even the antagonist. They were well developed and I'm sad that it had to end.

The only thing I didn't like was how everything ended with Tyler. It seemed almost anti-climactic. I was waiting for something bad to happen, and then nothing.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed YA novels or enjoys LGBT novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What They Always Tell Us.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nancy We'll have to ask Thomas to recommend more books for us. =)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review! I'll have to get this one.

Ralph Nancy wrote: "We'll have to ask Thomas to recommend more books for us. =)"

I know! He seems to recommend the best books. =D

Eyre wrote: "Great review! I'll have to get this one. "

Thanks! Everyone I know that's read it has loved it. =D

Thomas Yay! I am soooo glad you liked the book, RAWR! =)