Patriciahoperose's Reviews > Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

Illusions by Richard Bach

F 50x66
Aug 20, 09

Read in August, 2009

“Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but the mark of a fake messiah.”
“Where were you born? Where is your home? Where are you going? What are you doing? Think about these once in a while, and watch your answers change.”
“There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.”
“If you really want to remove a cloud from your life, you do not make a big production out of it, you just relax and remove it from your thinking. That’s all there is to it.”
“If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.”
“Like attracts like. Just be who you are, calm and clear and bright. Automatically, as we shine who we are, asking ourselves every minute is this what I really want to do, doing it only when we answer yes, automatically that turns away those who have nothing to learn from who we are and attracts those who do, and from whom we have to learn, as well.”
“Just give up all your inhibitions and all your beliefs that you can’t.”
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illusions.