Eva Leger's Reviews > Everything But the Burden: What White People Are Taking from Black Culture

Everything But the Burden by Greg Tate

Aug 17, 09

bookshelves: b-non-fiction, couldn-t-finish-yuck, essays-diaries-stories-letters
Read in August, 2009, read count: couldn't finish

Absolute trash. White people shouldn't be rappers. White people, oh, I'm sorry, that's 'white' people (the capital is only used for Black people) shouldn't touch anything that Blacks started. Yet Black people can use, touch, take, share, etc., anything that White people started. People like this are the reason racism is alive and well today. How about everyone do whatever the hell they want to do and not worry about who STARTED it and who STOLE it.
Greg Tate is an rascist, idiotic bastard.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything But the Burden.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Geez. He just edited the book, did you read the rest of the essays?

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger Sorry for the late reply but no, I didn't. I didn't need to. I read enough to be disgusted. I tend to steer away from things that disgust me in life. Especially regarding racists. :)

Peter William Warn "Absolute trash" is a description that can be used only by someone who has read absolutely all of the book. It's a shame you didn't because it means you have no credibility for your criticism.