Liana's Reviews > The Second Summer of the Sisterhood

F 50x66
Aug 17, 2009

bookshelves: summer-reading-2009
Read in June, 2009

This book is about four best friends named Carmen, Bridget(Bee), Tibby, and Lena who found a pair of pants at a thrift store and they thought it was miricle that the pants fit them all comfortably and they made a sisterhood about the pants and in the summer they mail the pants around. Carmen is getting frustrated with her mom because her mom is dating a guy from her work named David. Bridget goes to visit her grandmother in Alabama because she found letters from her telling her to visit, but when she goes her grandmother doesn't know it's her because Bee dyed her hair brown instead of keeping it blonde, and her grandmother hasn't seen her in years. Tibby goes to college. Lena and Kostos become boyfriend and girlfriend again. When Lena went to Greece the summer before Lena and Kostos were together, Lena broke up with him when she left Greece. At the funeral of Lena's grandpa, she finds out something shocking about Kostos.

I made a text-to-self connection because when I read the first Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book I thougt that me and a few other friends should send something around like a good luck charm, just like Carmen, Bee, Tibby, and Lena pass around the pants for luck in life.

I give this book 5 stars because I thought this book was very descriptive. When i was reading a scene, i was imagining what was really happening. I also liked how the author broke up each girls summer into different sections. I recommend this book for teenage girls who life books about friendship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Summer of the Sisterhood.