jo mo's Reviews > How I Live Now

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

trailer

general:
saoirse ronan is set to lead the indie drama how i live now, based on the novel by megan rosoff. directed by kevin macdonald (life in a day), the world war II tale follows a new york city teen named daisy (ronan) who heads to england to spend the summer with relatives. when bombs fall over london, daisy and a young girl named piper struggle to make it alone in the woods as they look for safety. [ article ]

movie vs. book [13. june 2012]
the screenplay, though quite different in many ways from the book, is very good. emotional, modern, romantic, very english. (my husband didn’t like the presence of morris dancers in one scene, but that struck me as a fairly minor detail.) daisy and edmond are still cousins. a main character who survived the book fails to survive in the film, but it would be wrong to tell you who dies. the film starts shooting in approximately 10 days. [ blog article | rosoff ]

first picture of saoirse ronan on the set [11. july 2012]

casting news:
daisy ... saoirse ronan
edmond ... george mackay
isaac ... tom holland

book note:
no use of quotation marks
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How I Live Now.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Reynje I had no idea about this film! I can definitely see Saoirse Ronan as Daisy..

message 2: by jo (last edited Aug 09, 2012 12:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

jo mo yep, me too!

did you take a look at the guy who's playing edmond? what do you think? does he look the part? more importantly can he play the part? (view spoiler)

personally, i had someone like julian morris in mind (for the older version of edmond, at least) (view spoiler)

Reynje Yeah I took a look :) I had no one in mind, so for me it will be down to how he plays Edmond, I guess. I'm ridiculously excited for this..