Charmlessman77 Newall's Reviews > The Family from One End Street: And Some of Their Adventures

The Family from One End Street by Eve Garnett

Sep 25, 07

Read in January, 1986

Remember reading this book when I was very young. Loved it and it's follow ups. Reminded me of a book version of the Broons (a Scottish comic strip).
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Family from One End Street.

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Rodgers I remember writing a book report at school on that book and saying it was the 'English version of the Broons', I got a good mark for that - impressed my teacher!! I was probably talking about the similarities between the twins and the bairn in both cases - but knowing the teacher she probably saw the 'deeper meaning' - auld Hippie!

Charmlessman77 Newall Thank you for validating my original thought :) I also remember they had this little cottage the family would visit (similar to the But N Ben in the Broons) as well as how the family was made up, and the fact they lived in a tenement. Brilliant.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna Rodgers I've just ordered the book to read again, can't wait - just missed out on the second book on ebay too ... will need to keep my eye open for another one. Nothing quite like nostalgia!!