Trixie Fontaine's Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Aug 21, 09

bookshelves: vampires-etc
Read in August, 2009

Not exactly what I felt like reading right now, but I needed to hurry up and finish it so I could give it to my sister as a half-assed hand-me-down birthday present.

People who rate this book low really have no excuse for even READING it; how do you read the first two books and not know what to expect? At this point you have to be beyond giving a shit about the offensively stupid stuff (like how no one respects Bella's choices, the boys think & communicate for her, treat her like a piece of property, blah blah blah), etc. The thing is, it's a highly effective piece of entertainment for most people. So SUCK it, whiny haters! Did you really think it was going to be BRILLIANT and different?

Definitely the best of the first three. And the most erotic (while still being totally annoyingly chaste) so far.

I totally love the last paragraph in the book, part of Stephenie Meyer's 2-pager of fine print acknowledgments: "I firmly believe that my fans are the most attractive, intelligent, exciting, and dedicated fans in the whole world. I wish I could give each of you a big hug and a Porsche 911 Turbo."

That right there is the same sort of emotion that has made me watch "Showgirls" a thousand times. It's almost as cool as hearing Nomi Malone mispronounce Versacé. Okay, it's totally not even CLOSE to that cool, but still . . . pretty funny and white-bread sweet.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.

08/18/2009 page 152

message 1: by Celessstino (new)

Celessstino ..sweeet review, mostly in this part

"So SUCK it, whiny haters!", lol!!!

Regards from mexico