Mike's Reviews > Dead and Alive

Dead and Alive by Dean Koontz

Mar 09, 13

bookshelves: science-fiction
Read in August, 2009

Quite a disappointment after the initial build-up of the first 2 books in the series. The final climax was too short and VERY convenient. The original "monster" became a side character in this one. Characterization became pretty thin and the book was very short compared to the first 2.
Koontz had indicated that the delay in the release of this volume was due to the fact that the action took place in New Orleans and he wanted to incorporate the Hurricane into the story. Guess what, the hurricane had NOTHING to do with this story. He mentions the wind blowing the rain around a lot, but nothing else. The main action is over before the hurricane hits. AND in the epilogue, there is no mention of how the aftermath effected the characters.
As I said, big disappointment. Definitely not one of Mr. Koontz' best efforts. He had co-authors on the first 2, maybe he should have had some help on this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead and Alive.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marvin (new)

Marvin I agree. I was totally disappointed it seemed rushed, and needy for an ending.

Missy Well said!

Nathan You put into words exactly what i thought to myself when i finished this god awful piece of work.