Bookaholics's Reviews > White Wolf

Aug 16, 09

White Wolf by Jianne Carlo
Paranormal Shape-shifter Romance- July 14, 2009
4 stars

White Wolf is a Paranormal Romantic Suspense about the Sheff, Grey White and his sister's best friend, Sorcha. Sorcha is in town after her grandmother passes away which brings back a lot of feelings from the past that were suppressed. The plot is suspenseful and interesting because the book involves a mystery that centers around murders that are tied together. Who murdered Sorcha's grandmother? Are the murders tied together?

As Grey investigates and answers these questions, he is scared for Sorcha's life. Both main characters make mistakes, but redeem themselves and grow together. The one character I was really annoyed at was Tanya, one of Grey's flings. The reader knows that he's not really interested in her, but bring up this secondary character a couple of times in the book. I wish the book showed more villain in her. She just seemed to be an annoyance, since we don't know much about her except that she was a fling. Besides that character, the heroine is lovable and the hero is a strong alpha male character who is possessive, dominating, yet completely gentle and loving when it involves Sorcha.

The writing style was different from what I was used to, but the dialog and character interactions were very telling. It was definitely a sensual read. But the steamy scenes were all tied emotionally together, which I really liked. This book definitely made me interested in other books by the same author. I would recommend it to others.

Reviewed by Sophia from the Bookaholics Romance Book Club

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Wolf.